Sunday 18 March 2012

Varangians of the Kyivan Rus' [is redundant]

We might go with Varangians of Novgorod, or Rurik and the Kyivan Rus'
Anyway a SAGA work in progress. On the Panzers!
So Rurik.. needs some work.


Up to twelve hearthguard we'll call skoldar maybe. For shield. [Crusader Varangians]


Up to 16 warriors of Swedish descent, living in the Kyivan Rus', the spjutet of Rurik. His spear. [Gripping Beast, plastics]


I plan on bringing along a dozen Slavic levees when I want to be 'realistic'. Rurik's better vassals provide some ranged combat ability with their spears and javelins. [Gripping Beast]
As you can see I'm in a bit of a quandary on the painting front, so I'm doing field research.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam, they are looking very cool.

    The next SAGA supplement is out very soon and I am torn between that and WW2.

    I reckon you'd love some of those JomsViking figs, very Baltic.

    You still have evil captcha enabled, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mean the typing and reading test. I've just disabled it.
    Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete